Legendary salesman Zig Ziglar passed away in 2012 at age 86, but he remains an inspiration to sales professionals—and pretty much anyone who wants to get ahead—to this day. As the author of more than 30 books on selling and succeeding, and a dynamic speaker who logged countless speeches, he knew how powerful a well-worded motto or phrase can be when motivating a person or galvanizing a team.
That’s why we’ve compiled 15 of the most inspiring Zig Ziglar quotes for the next time you or your sales force needs a quick boost. Check ’em out below.
1. “For every sale you miss because you’re too enthusiastic, you will miss one hundred because you’re not enthusiastic enough.”
2. “There are no traffic jams on the extra mile.”
3. “If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time.”
4. “You can have everything in life that you want if you just give enough other people what they want.”
5. “Outstanding people have one thing in common: an absolute sense of mission.”
6. “Remember that failure is an event, not a person.”
7. “The most important persuasion tool you have in your entire arsenal is integrity.”
8. “Discipline yourself to do the things you need to do when you need to do them, and the day will come when you will be able to do the things you want to do when you want to do them!”
9. “There’s not a lot you can do about the national economy but there is a lot you can do about your personal economy.”
10. “If people like you they’ll listen to you, but if they trust you they’ll do business with you.”
11. “Ability can take you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.”
12. “Keep your thinking right and your business will be right.”
13. “You build a successful career, regardless of your field of endeavor, by the dozens of little things you do on and off the job.”
14. “Remember there is plenty of room at the top—but not enough to sit down.”
15. “Ambition, fueled by compassion, wisdom and integrity, is a powerful force for good that will turn the wheels of industry and open the doors of opportunity for you and countless others.”
What quotes or mottos keep you and your team motivated? Give us a shout at email@example.com.